Yesterday I was trying to come up with a delicious dinner recipe that could be made with my slow cooker. Using what I had, I came up with a yummy slow cooked chicken stew over buttermilk biscuits meal. This was all made using leftover ingredients and things I needed to use up in the house. So it saved me a lot of money and was also extremely easy to make. There is nothing better than putting everything into a slow cooker and coming home to an almost complete meal. Here is the recipe and instructions for this tasty meal!
- 1lb of chicken (I used frozen)
- Half box (low sodium) chicken broth
- 1 large can of Cream Of Chicken soup
- Enough water to cover everything up
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, green beans, carrots, corn)
- Chopped potatoes
- A couple of celery sticks, diced
- Garlic, black pepper
- 1 package of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- Corn starch & cold water added an hour before it’s finished (to thicken)
Slow cooked for about 8 hours. Biscuits were placed in baking glassware and put into oven until almost finished. Poured the chicken filling over top and finished baking. The biscuits can also be baked separately and served one at a time so that they always stay crisp and do not get soggy. Enjoy!