Most people love the look of red roses but what about rainbow roses? These beautiful-looking flowers are great for special occasions, gifts, crafts, and home decor. Turning a rose into gorgeous rainbow colors is actually pretty easy (sort of, practice lots of times to get it just right), although fun and fulfilling once you do! Follow along below to learn how to make these creative decorations.
- White Roses
- Food Coloring
- Step 1 – First you will need to start off with white roses, as many as you want. We have to make them one at a time.
- Step 2 – Next you need to split the stem using scissors. Split it into the number of different colors you want it to have.
- Step 3 – Now put a couple of drops of food coloring into different containers of water, one container per color. Use as many colors as you want. The more food coloring you use, the darker and more concentrated the color will be on the rose.
- Step 4 – Carefully place each part of the stem into a different container. A helpful tip is to pour the water into smaller containers as the containers will have to be very close to each other. Essentially, each rose will have to have its own set of cups and colors.
- Step 5 – Your rose should start absorbing the colors now. Your roses will take many days to a couple of weeks especially if they are still blossoms. Eventually, it will depend on how close your roses are to full bloom.
- Step 6 – After they became the right color, take them out of their food coloring and move them into a vase. Enjoy your colorful creation!